Family & Kids Yoga
Families are welcome in Lifespan Yoga classes, in fact family classes are very popular. Some of my younger students are very advanced and can easily handle all classes. I strongly encourage parents and children to learn yoga together. Children enjoy learning with their parents, parents like to have an activity to do with their child and the bond created is magical. I do offer drop off Kids Yoga classes and camp days as my schedule permits. If your group or troop wants a class, just call to see if it can be arranged. These classes are always age appropriate with younger children mixing yoga with games, art, stories, music, and character education and older children adding more difficult yoga postures. All Lifespan Yoga certified teachers have experience with children’s classes so I can book a teacher for your group if I am not available.
Guidelines about yoga classes
- ·We offer classes for all ages and stages of life.
- All classes are small (6-8) and personal.
- Please fill out the Registration Form before class. Discuss any concerns with the teacher before you begin. Parents dropping kids must leave emergency phone number.
- The class begins on time. You may arrive early and set up.
- Turn off cell phones.
- There is plenty of parking. Do not leave valuables in plain sight.
- Wear loose-fitting, modest, comfortable clothes. Shorts, tee shirts, yoga pants and sweats are all good for yoga.
- Bring your yoga mat, blanket, pillows, water and any props you like. I also have some at the studio.
- Remember to pay attention to your body and focus on all movements. Be safe in each moment.
- The class begins with a time of quiet contemplation and ends with complete relaxation. If you need to be late to class or leave class early, please alert the teacher and sit near the door.