The centerpiece of Lifespan Yoga®, gentle yoga brings the spiritual, physical and emotional benefits of yoga to students by utilizing easy, peaceful postures. This includes simple warm-up stretches, yoga postures, modifications for various body types, the use of props when needed, and a final relaxation. A slow pace and comfortable room temperature allows instructors to lead students of all levels in deep relaxation. This is a great place for beginners and families.
Gentle Curvy Yoga
Curvy Yoga™ was designed for the student with curves to learn yoga poses and alignment in a body positive space. It is currently one of the hottest trends in yoga. Beth was certified in Curvy Yoga in 2012 and is the only Cury Yoga certified teacher in the Jacksonville area. Teachers trained in Curvy Yoga focus on modifications that can make yoga more comfortable for curvy men and women. We avoid or modify poses that are impossible for those with larger bellies or chests. Props are used in many poses. Classic hatha yoga postures are practiced, we just modify when needed and take our time between poses.
- Discuss any concerns with the teacher before you begin class.
- Parents dropping kids must leave emergency phone number.
- Arrive early if possible.
- Turn off cell phones or leave in car.
- When parking, do not leave valuables in plain sight.
- Wear loose-fitting, modest, comfortable clothes. Shorts, tee shirts, yoga pants and sweats are all good for yoga.
- Bring your yoga mat, blanket, pillows, water and any props you like.
- Remember to pay attention to your body and focus on all movements. Be safe in each moment.
The class begins with a time of quiet contemplation and ends with complete relaxation. If you need to be late to class or leave class early, please arrange that in advance. If private sessions have been scheduled back-to-back, you may need to re-schedule.